Monday, December 6, 2010

Gripe of the day

Every single restroom on campus that I've walked into today has had no toilet paper. This includes the library, learning zone, lecture hall, and the university Welcome office. Not such a welcoming gesture, university. That's FOUR. So...I've taken to toting around a role of toilet paper in my backpack, in anticipation of this forever occurring. Absolutely ridiculous.

This insanity has driven me to make up a list of refunds I think I deserve on my tuition money (i.e crap I shouldn't have to pay for):
 -public toilet paper
 -gym membership fees (to the worst gym this side of the 80's)
 -outrageously priced course books at the uni bookstore
 -student ID card
 -college membership fee (I have yet to see any tangible benefit from this 16 pounds)...(unless you count the benefit of the barrage of practical and informative emails I receive on a daily basis from the Grizedale Reps)
 -the complete lack of education that I am receiving at this institution
 -toilet paper...I feel like this one really typifies my plight

I mean, there are obviously so many better things I could be spending my money on. Like booze, and stylish winter scarves, and chocolate--to name the first few things that come to mind. Haha.

Fun Fact: In England they don't call it 'toilet paper', they call it 'toilet roll'. So elevated. I suppose it works better with the accent.

No comments:

Post a Comment