Wednesday, December 1, 2010

There's snow in Lancaster

So it has snowed here for the 3rd day in a row, which I've been informed is extremely rare for this time of year (usually it snows, if at all, around February). Apparently a popular thing to do is place bets on whether or not England will have a white Christmas, and that you can make some pretty decent cash if you wager correctly. Please keep in mind, all of this was explained to me by an over-zealous cab driver at 3am, who, over the course of the drive, instructed me on secrets to success and wealth. As it turns out, he himself was not only a taxi driver, but by day a mechanical engineer (which, to my surprised looks, he capitulated with "well, I mean I work on cars"), a stock trader (with the aid of an online program), a real estate tycoon (paying off a mortgage on a condo in Orlando), and above all an advisor to lazy and unmotivated youth ("I told this student that if he worked constantly outside of class, he'd have AT LEAST 40,000 pounds to start his own business with by the time he graduated"). I almost felt inclined to tip him extra for all his sage advise by the end. Almost.

In any case, that story has strayed me from my original point, which was that it is cold, and I'm complaining--though I fully realize how much worse I'd be having it back at home...whatever. I think snow would follow me to hell if it had the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment