Friday, October 8, 2010

The source of my sleep deprivation

What’s that obnoxious sound outside my window at 4 AM most mornings? Why, it’s the chanting from dozens of rowdy and drunken British students just getting back from the town bars. My only thought is—‘What a superbly English thing to do’. The chants around here pertain mostly to rivalries between the colleges, to which degree it is fully appropriate to belt out an absurdly insulting tune whenever members of another college walk into your college’s bar, or as you’re strolling past another’s dormitories. They aren’t essentially clever, and usually just involve a lot of curse words, but are fairly entertaining if you’re slackered enough. Here’s one I learned a few nights ago (btw, Furness is one of the other colleges):

Furness boys are illegitimate
They ain’t got no birth certificate
They’ve got aids and can’t get rid of it
Dirty Furness slags

…Might I add I chose to share one of the more clean and original ones, if that gives you any idea. It would probably help if I still didn’t find their best insults so hilarious. I imagine any name-calling aimed in my direction would only result in me dying of laughter on the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment